[mythtv-users] Wireless myth-0.19 frontend working but video a bit jerky

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 19:53:25 UTC 2006

Hi,
   I'm moving along pretty well on my system upgrade. The server and
two wired PCs are all converted to myth-0.19. Mostly they are working
pretty well so far.

   I chose to rebuild one of the wireless Pundit-R's from scratch. It
came up pretty easily and is working, but the video on it seems a bit
jerky and doesn't feel natural. The audio is fine. I never had this
problem running Myth-0.18 on the same machine. It is running over
wireless but it always has so this jerkiness is not specifically
because of the hardware.

   CPU usage according to 'top' is about 70%. I do not know what it
would have been running myth0.18. Memory is not maxed out and there is
no swap activity.

   I'm wondering what controls I have to make this better? Can this be
tuned somehow to use less CPU or less network bandwidth possibly?

   Just looking for ideas.

Thanks,
Mark