[mythtv-users] PC-HD3000 card having trouble obtaining DVB-C channel map from scan.

Ivan Thompson ubahivn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 08:05:23 UTC 2006

We have a PC-HD300 card and I am trying to get the dvb part of the
card to work.  We can successfully record using the V4L from unencoded
analog channels. We can also record  both digital and hd channels
from my settop box connected via s-video or coax.  When I try to go
direct from the ASI source using DVB I am having issues.  We have the
modules loaded properly ( /dev/dvb/adapter0/ demux0  dvr0  frontend0
net0.)  We have loaded the proper firmware for my card using hotplug
(dvb-fe-or51132-qam.fw  dvb-fe-or51132-vsb.fw  dvb-fe-or51211.fw).
	 Following instructions from such sites as
http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DigitalTelevisionDVB , and
using various documentation from mythtv.org  etc....  We have been
unsuccessful in our attempts to view  and/or record anything using the
dvb features of this card.  We know the cable company uses QAM 256 but
have had no success in finding or scanning any channels.     When
running atscscan  (**/atsc/
us-Cable-EIA-542-HRC-center-frequencies-QAM256,
us-Cable-EIA-542-IRC-center_frequencies-QAM256,
us-Cable-HRC-center-frequencies-QAM256
us-Cable-IRC-center-frequencies-QAM256,
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256)  I only get tuning failed
(some timeouts but I am unsure if that means anything).  I  have the
frequencies of each QAM provided by the cable company.   I know I am
probably missing something simple but I am looking for some feedback
on how to troubleshoot this issue.