[mythtv-users] building for OS X - osx-packager.pl, bus errors...

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sun Jul 23 13:44:51 UTC 2006

On Jul 22, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Michael Sherman wrote:

> 2) Downloaded from thesniderpad.com.  These builds crash with bus
> errors on my PPC PowerBook G4.  Are these now being built for Intel
> Macs only?
Hey Mike, I don't have an Intel Mac (yet ;-) )  So, for now they are
only PPC builds.  Do all of the builds crash or only specific ones?
Did you try the release builds, or only SVN?

> 3) Ran osx-packager.pl.  I get linking errors with the lame library,
> and I'm guessing it's because I have gcc 4.0 now on my Mac.  If I
> switch my gcc, et all links to the older 3.3 binaries, I then get a
> link error
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _fprintf$LDBLStub
> _snprintf$LDBLStub
> _vfprintf$LDBLStub
> _sscanf$LDBLStub

After you switched to gcc 3.3, did you blow away the .osx-packager
directory so that all binaries get recompiled?  That has caused me
issues before.