[mythtv-users] 2 hour shows not recording 2nd hour

Mito Tranin - Lists mito-lists at mitopia.net
Mon Jul 24 05:06:04 UTC 2006

   Michael T. Dean wrote:

 On 07/23/06 22:56, Mito Tranin - Lists wrote:

 Excuse me if this is an easy question, but I've searched google a bit
 and the archives and I can't seem to find the answer.

 When any of my shows, which are normally one hour long, has a two hour
 episode (usually two one hour episodes back to back, as a season finale
 or opener, etc) Myth will record the first hour, but not the second!  At
 first I thought it was just because of sindication that they only showed
 the first hour for some reason, but then it happened again when I knew
 they showed both hours (I know because I actually watched it via a
 normal TV).  I went to my Myth to delete it since I'd already seen it,
 and it had only recorded the first hour, not the second!

 Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

 Are you setting start early/end late on the recording rule?  Doing so
 will cause conflicts for back-to-back recordings.

 Mike

   Not on this specific recording no, but I have to otherwise as on two of my
   channels that I record on regularly always start their shows about 1.5
   minutes early.  I have it set to 2 minutes early, and sometimes I still
   miss the first portions of the shows.  It is set to not do so however if
   there is another recording that needs to take place... which does work
   properly as sometimes the recordings do not have the early minutes, and
   those are in fact the 2nd ones in back-2-back recordings.

   Thanks for the idea though!
   Can anyone think of anything else?  I can't believe I'm the only one
   running into this...

   Mito

believed to be clean.