[mythtv-users] building for OS X - osx-packager.pl, bus errors...

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Mon Jul 24 15:59:51 UTC 2006

> I don't get any of those.  I don't normally use gcc 4.0, I use gcc
> 3.3.  What version of Xcode are you using?  I just compiled with 4.0
> and LAME compiled just fine.  To validate your problem though, I did
> system too.  It's different though for the two systems.... On one, I
> get the bus error that you mentioned (iBook G4), on the other (Mac
> Mini G4) I get an error about a missing framework... very
> strange...   To be honest, Myth hasn't been my highest priority
> lately, the nightly builds pretty much run themselves.....   I'm
> happy to help troubleshoot though.  I trying to compile the frontend
> on my iBook right now, it usually automatically runs on the mac
> mini.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Quick update... upgraded to Xcode 2.3 (hadn't upgraded that package
in a while), everything compiled just fine with gcc 4.0.1 and it
appears that the bus error went away, I'm able to run MythTV no
problem with all the plugins.  The latest svn rev on my website
worked for me the date is 20060724.  Let me know how that goes!