[mythtv-users] order of /dev/video*

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 16:52:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a problem.  Wondering whether someone can offer suggestions.

Since I added a FusionHDTV 5 Lite to my system, originally with a
pcHDTV HD-3000 and a PVR-500, the order of /dev/video* become chaotic
everytime I reboot the machine.  I have to run mythtv-setup to delete
and add the two analog tuners on PVR-500 everytime after reboot,
because their corresponding device numbers have changed.

I didn't have this problem before I added the FusionHDTV 5 Lite.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

DS