[mythtv-users] Companion to "Max episodes" setting...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:03:21 UTC 2006

On 7/24/06, chris at cpr.homelinux.net <chris at cpr.homelinux.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 05:16:54PM +1000, Peter Schachte wrote:
> > So rather than a "min episodes" setting for each program, how about a
> > "diminishing priority" setting?
>
> That's more or less what I had in mind originally, but figured it would
> be immediately rejected for being too complicated. :-)

I don't see why if its just filler, keeping it at a low priority and
setting a max number of episodes doesn't work for you? Episodes are
expired by recording date, so unless all your "south park" were
recorded on the same day not all of them should be deleted.

I do this with reruns of Futurama, Simpsons, South Park, ATHF, etc and
it works fine.  (though I guess i have a lot more recording space than
the average MythTV'er which may change things)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!