[mythtv-users] Hey! Where'd my extra's go?

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Jul 25 05:54:34 UTC 2006

I'm not sure what happened, but I guess most likely this occured on an
apt-get action, but suddenly all my extra's (mythmusic, mythbrowser,
mythweather, etc.) are gone...

I had everything running on a knoppmyth (R5B7) install, but now the
abovementioned extra options are all gone, and the default sources.lst
repo's do not list them (?!?!)

I tried getting them from another source (debian-multimedia.org), but when
trying to use those, I am required to uninstall trivial stuff like, ehrm,
mythfrontend, mythbackend, libmyth0.19, xfree-common...

Doesn't quite seem correct to me!  ;-)

Anyone have suggestions, apart from starting from scratch? (I have this
thing set up, and the most important bit still works: Video recording and
playback! Although something more has apparently gone wrong, as I lost my
playback groups and apparently one or more recording schedules...)

I just don't have time (nor feel like) reinstalling from scratch, although
- if I had to - I'd probably use a different distro now. (I'm thinking
Ubuntu, ast that has started to become the de-facto standard in my
home...)

TIA!

--FP