[mythtv-users] I want to make myth retry tuning until it gets a signal - using DCT-6200 Firewire

Matt Mousseau matt at amsvans.com
Tue Jul 25 14:17:52 UTC 2006

Hi there!

The subject says it all, I'm looking to make myth retry tuning into a
given chanel until it gets a signal. I keep finding that a lot of
chanels don't start streaming over firewire on the first try, so I was
wondering if there was a way to essentially make myth try tuning a
channel, wait a given amount of time for the stream to start, then retry
tuning, wait the same amount of time, etc etc.

When you try watching live tv and it doesn't get a stream started, it
fails and goes back to the main menu. When the backend tries to record
something where the stream doesn't start, I wind up with references to
files that don't exist all over the database that cause the frontend to
lockup for 10 seconds every time it runs into one.

This problem is really putting a damper on my love for mythTV, anyone
got suggestions?

Matthew Mousseau
AMSVans, Inc. Webmaster
matt at amsvans.com