[mythtv-users] Optimum compile settings for xbox?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jul 25 19:21:18 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of A JM
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:42 PM
To: kanetse at hotmail.com; Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Optimum compile settings for xbox?

Could be why I was having problems compiling 0.19-fixes on my xbox???? good
information.

Anyone else been successful in compiling 0.19-fixes on an xbox? what sources
where you using?

AJM,

---------------------------

It appears that all the needed packages are available so building fixes
should not be too big of a deal. I would suggest that you install mythtv
from packages to pull in all the dependancies and then selectivly remove
just the mythtv rpm's leaving all the support. Add whatever missing packages
are needed to get it to compile and you should be all set. PS - Use
--prefix=/usr when compiling as well as the compile options given by someone
else replying to this topic. I would also recommend using distcc unless you
want to wait 2-3 days for the compile to finish.

Not sure what the legal issues would be but I can post the finished product
to a bit-torrent if there is enough interest.

Bill