[mythtv-users] plextor setup on T41 (intel8x0), sound issues

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-mythtvusers at litech.org
Wed Jul 26 00:13:04 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 04:29:05PM -0700, Phil wrote:
> Minor update. I was able to get some TV sound via aplay /dev/audio1.  It
> sounded poor, but I'm on antenna.  Any sound is a start.  I attempted
> /dev/audio1 as my sound setting with no luck.

From your previous posts, it looks like card 0 is your built-in sound
and card 1 is the ConvertX.  So you should be capturing from hw:1 and
playing back to hw:0.  Make sure you use 48000 KHz with 2 channels.

There's no mixer in the GO7007 driver and there's only one input, so you
shouldn't have any trouble getting audio capture configured correctly.
If you're using the settings above and it still doesn't work, it's
probably an issue with getting Myth to talk to your playback sound card.

Also, if you're testing outside MythTV, keep in mind that you won't be
able to capture sound unless the video encoder is running.  -Nathan