[mythtv-users] FC5 - Sloooooow Internet

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Jul 26 05:01:38 UTC 2006

Howdy

Just a little bit OT....I am upgrading my Myth box and have just
installed FC5 inplace of FC4. This time around it will be permanent
rather than just playing. Anyway, nothing has changed in the way of my
internet connection (1.5Mb ADSL) but FC5 is terribly slow compared to
FC4. For example, I started yum update at 1:30am and it finished at
11:00am, the myth install is taking forever. Other machines on the
nterowkr are working as they should be....

Any ideas on what could be wrong? My install options for FC5 were
exactly as I selected for FC4, so I am lost...

Cheers
Bruce