[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this with recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 26 19:03:52 UTC 2006

On 07/26/06 14:55, Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 26 July 2006 2:43 pm, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
>

>>If I was designing a PVR from scratch I'd seriously look at
>>recording in one-minute segments.
>>

>And so force _everyone_ who wanted to watch a program recorded like that
>somewhere else to post-process their recordings so it's one file?  Yeah,
>that'd go over well.

I can just imagine myself copying 2400 files to my laptop hard drive and
setting up playlists for xine before going on a business trip.  I can't
imagine how annoying the hiccups (caused by xine's switching files in a
playlist--I'm sure Chris's PVR switches transparently) that occur every
60 seconds would be.

Mike