[mythtv-users] mythbackend partial lockups making system all but unuseable

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Wed Jul 26 20:03:53 UTC 2006

Apologies for answering my own question, but I thought it might be
useful in case anyone else recognised the sypmtons.

Andrew Meredith wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I think I may have run my system into the dirt and in doing so uncovered
> a bit of a problem. The OSs of the 3 systems are fine, they keep running
> no issues, but after between 20 minutes and 6 hours the master server
> and one or more of the slaves will have locked up and become
> unresponsive to incoming requests.
>
> If the SVN already has fixes for this

After a lot of messing about I have finally managed to get a pre-2.0 svn
main trunk rpm build going and it does indeed fix the thread lockups.

Can't wait to get back to the simplicity of atrpms and all the extras
for which I can't be bothered trying to build a spec file :)

Andy M