[mythtv-users] Attaching Frontend

Anthony Goddard anthony at bondimaging.com
Thu Jul 27 02:38:24 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,
I think I have done everything correctly so for with my FC5
installation, but I keep getting the following error when I run dmesg:
"dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB'"

I'm just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on this?

The full output of dmesg | grep dvb-usb is

dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in cold state, will
try to load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw'
dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and
disconnected.
dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB'
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB successfully initialized and
connected.

Also, in /dev/dvb/ I only have "adaptor0"

Thanks!
Anthony