[mythtv-users] Sanity check before I upgrade

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:33:08 UTC 2006

On 7/23/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two reasons. Some people seem to haved had probs w FC5. But more
> importantly, the MythTV setup bible aka Jarod's guide is based on FC4.

But having done it once, you should not need directions THAT PRECISE.
I used the Standard Myth documentation and built it on SuSE, just
following the directions, and without ever seeing Jarods guide.

I submit you are no longer a newbie, and can adopt the guide to a more current
distro.

Personally, I've been thinking of moving to ubuntu because the Long
Term Support promise.  I'm don't like updating every other year.
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/606released