[mythtv-users] Switch to enable "TiVO" like experience?WAS Re:mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 27 17:15:49 UTC 2006

>hours, not days. Tivo probably expires LiveTV after 30 minutes because
>they sell units that have much smaller storage capacities. I personally

No, tivo "expires" live tv because its recording mechanism is different
from that of myth. Tivo is always recording into a 30 minute buffer (even
when you're doing things in the menus). And this recording doesn't get
broken up at program boundaries like myth would do: if you start watching
live tv on a tivo, you'll be able to rewind 30 minutes, even if 30
minutes ago there was another show on. (there are some cases where this
is not true, like when you just changed the channel)