[mythtv-users] Optimum compile settings for xbox?

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:20:22 UTC 2006

On 27/07/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> I have given up on debian and I am in process of loading/compiling gentoo
> for the xbox. I am fed up with depending on someone else to compile programs
> with just the options I want so its time to bring up a system that compiles
> everything installed.

Recompiling debian packages from their source packages really isn't
that difficult.
Something like ...
apt-get source mythtv
apt-get build-dep mythtv
cd mythtv-*
#make some changes
debchange --nmu
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

If all your fast PCs run Debian etch/sid and you want to compile for
Sarge look into installing and using pbuilder.

Alternatively, wait until somebody else does this and hosts their
built packages. :)

Do the Sarge mythtv packages from debian-multimedia.org not work on a
fresh Xebian install?  So they don't include Pentium 3 optimisation or
svn fixes, but for most people I'm sure they'd do.  When I first
hosted some rebuilt debian sarge packages for xebian mythtv, it was
mostly for my own benefit and because they weren't available
elsewhere.

Having said that, its probably about time I updated my system to
include the 0.19 fixes.  I'll try and fit it in this evening.  I'll
post back when updated packages are ready.

Cheers,
Al