[mythtv-users] Help with irblaster

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 00:11:03 UTC 2006

I am trying to get my irblaster from http://irblaster.info working with a
Motorola DCT2244. I am following instructions from here:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

I am using the /etc/ledxmitd.conf from here (I read somewhere that this will
work for a DCT2244 or any other DCT2xxx series box). I also tried the config
file for the DCT2244, but it doesn't work and only has 0-9 (no CH+, Exit,
etc.)

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DCT2000

I downloaded lirc-0.8.1pre1 and untar and unzip,

./myth-ledxmit.sh

cd myth-ledxmit.WIP

make install

create /etc/modutils/lirc-ledxmit:

# this is /etc/modutils/lirc-ledxmit
alias char-major-72 ledxmit_serial
below ledxmit_serial ledxmit_dev
# !!! note DEFAULT is COM2 !!!
# for COM1, simply uncomment the following:
options ledxmit_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
# for COM2, do nothing, or uncomment the following:
# options ledxmit_serial irq=3 io=0x2f8

/sbin/update-modules

/bin/mknod /dev/ledxmit c 72 0

/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none

/sbin/modprobe ledxmit_serial

/usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/sbin/ledxmit-ledxmitd

/usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE DCT2000 CH+

I think everything compiled OK. No errors. The ledxmit daemon is running,
but when I try to send a signal the channel will not change. In
/var/log/ledxmitd I get this

July 27 22:32:04 develop ledxmitd: accepted new client on /dev/ledxmitd
July 27 22:32:04 develop ledxmitd: removed client

The light that flashes on the cable box when the remote is pressed does not
come on either. Is my irblaster dead??? Am I using the wrong serial port. I
have an Asus A8N-SLI mobo if that makes any difference.