[mythtv-users] Recordings and commercials

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 12:59:07 UTC 2006

   I understand one can instruct MythTV to skip commercials when
capturing video. I also believe that MythTV just captures everything,
then processes the captured material (How?) and then when playing it,
MythTV can automatically skip the commercials in the recording. But,
if I understand things correctly, the commercials are still there all
right.

  My question is, Is there a simple way to obtain MPEG files from
MythTV recordings, such that the commercials are already removed from
them. One can always edit the video material and remove the
commercials by hand, but since MythTV already knows how to do that, I
was wondering if it can be coerced into producing MPEG files without
the commercials.