[mythtv-users] Software RAID disappearing on reboot...

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Fri Jul 28 15:34:39 UTC 2006

I had a similar problem, here are the things I did wrong:

a) I didn't create a partition on the drives of the correct
"Autodetect RAID type", was setting up the RAID on the raw disks instead
b) I didn't create the /etc/mdadm.conf
c) I didn't have the mdadm stuff in my init scripts....

My suggestions, setup the raid, check out the contents of /proc/
mdstat after everything is all synched up, reboot... If the raid
volume is there, you should be golden to proceed with LVM.
Otherwise, try starting it manually with mdadm...  If that doesn't
work, post the output of your /proc/mdstat to the list and any
applicable dmesg stuff...