[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this (overlap/back-to-back) with recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 28 16:03:33 UTC 2006

On 07/28/06 03:08, Peter Schachte wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 12:16:28AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>On 07/27/06 23:39, Brad Templeton wrote:
>>
>>>Again, the users asked for this, but they don't understand why.
>>>If users are not understanding why, it eventually becomes not the
>>>user's fault, but the program's fault, even if the program is doing
>>>just what it was designed to do.
>>>
>>You're right, Bill.  Since the stupid users don't know enough to use our
>>wonderful program, we should make it ignore the user's desires.
>>

>Uh, isn't it Brad you're replying to?

Oh, you're right.  Sorry, Brad.  I read your comment and didn't even
look to see who wrote it because it sounded exactly like something I
would expect to hear from this guy named Bill, who's a software
visionary.  (Full name left out to protect the guilty.)

Mike

(Someone didn't recognize the references in my e-mail...
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/215707#215707 )