[mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme and preview image issue

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Fri Jul 28 18:34:54 UTC 2006

I'd like to confirm whether following more or less cosmetic issue is a
bug in current myth SVN version or just something related to my setup.

I have 16:9 LCD television and I'm using MythCenter-wide theme. X is
running  1360x768 resolution and DPI is set to (100, 100), based on
Xorg.log. I might have slightly adjusted some font sizes in mythfrontend
but nothing extreme.

In Watch Recordings screen all the 16:9 content is fine. But for 4:3
programs the preview image is too high and part of the program
description is hidden behind the preview image (if the program contains
long enough description). This would be fixed if either the description
text would be moved slightly downwards or the preview image height would
be same (in this case 16:9 height is okay) regardless of the program
aspect ratio.

Another slightly related issue.. MythWelcome and MythNews utilize only
partially the screen (in 4:3) while e.g. MythMusic uses the whole wide
screen space. Is this a configuration or 'not yet implemented' issue?
--
   Otto