[mythtv-users] Problem using ATI Radeon 9800SE with FC5

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:02:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I had a problem a couple of months ago with using a 9800SE on FC5, I solved
it by installing the fglrx drivers from livna.

This morning I did a "smart upgrade" and then rebooted. Now X won't start,
and I get a shell login screen on my TV-Out and no signal on the monitor.
When I login to "startx" I get an error about a corrupt fglrx module. I
tried using the original xorg.conf module, but when I use that, the TV
screen goes black and then lots of horizontal grey bands move around the TV
screen.

Has anybody else had a problem using the original (non-fglrx) graphics
drivers with a Radeon 9800 card on FC5?

Thanks,

Jonny