[mythtv-users] kernel 2.6.17 on MSI K8NGM2-FID update (for the archive)

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 16:16:44 UTC 2006

In case you have this mobo...

My frontend mobo is MSI K8NGM2-FID and prior to 2.6.17 kernel I had to
compile nvnet for the onboard gigabit ethernet since forcedeth driver
wouldn't work and also had to use my old SBLive card since sound from
an onboard nvidia sound card didn't work (it's actually
intel-hd-audio).

I upgraded the other day to the latest 2.6.17 kernel and everything
miraculously works!

This mobo officially rocks as a frontend. If it only had more PCI
slots I'd get another one for the backend.