[mythtv-users] Cleaning up files in /video/recordings directory

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 07:03:20 UTC 2006

Couple of questions:

1) I have a whole load of .png files in my video/recordings directory.
Some are owned by root, some by mythtv. Some are recent and some are
really old and don'relate to recordings I don't have any more. Is it
safe just to delete them all in 1 fell swoop? If I delete ones related
to current recordings will MythTV create new ones or will this cause a
problem?

2) Does anyone have a script that will delete .nuv or .mpg and related
files that don't have a corresponding entry in the recorded table?

3) I have a large .tmp file (approx 650MB) in /video/recordings. As
it's a .tmp file is it safe to just delete it?

Regards,
Phill