[mythtv-users] Help getting FC5 working on my TV

Timothy Bish tabish at twcny.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 10:07:35 UTC 2006

> Can't help w/the TV, but you can 'startx -config <xorg config file>'
> to test external xorg.conf's so you can keep a safe working xorg.conf
> and won't have a busted system if you need to reboot it after a test.

Thanks for the tip, which should help.  I have been trying various settings,
but so far the desktop is either to large for the screen, or I just get a
blank screen.

I've played around with xvidtune, but it won't let me try anything, keeps
saying the settings aren't supported by my card, even for the settings of
the current mode that is displaying.  I'm pretty sure if I can see the
desktop, then that mode is supported :)

Timothy A. Bish