No subject

Thu Jul 27 05:46:16 UTC 2006

install. Thanks to all answered my noobishly noob questions along the way.

And of course I have more.

I was forced to do mythtv-setup as root because the user "mythtv" was denied
access to /dev/video0.  I thought I paid close attention to the $ or #
prompts in Jarod's HOWTO, but I guess I bodged it somehow. Now I can only
run Mythtv as root.

If I were to enable a new user in Mythtv I would (from a 30,000 ft.
perspective) need to:

1. Create a new user. ( I don't think there would be a group to which the
new user could belong that would provide it access to mythtv.)

2. Provide that user permission to the :
a. Application -- Mythtv
b. Database -- Mysql
c. Device -- /dev/video0

Correct?