[mythtv-users] Stuttering Video Solved

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 18:35:18 UTC 2006

I finally broke down and updated my frontend this past weekend to see
if updates would help my minor stuttering video problem I had.

It did fix the problem, and I may have another small annoyance solved
as well. My remote would work sporatically. I could be using it
scrolling through and picking something to watch, and then decide to
pause it to get a drink and it wouldn't pause. No button presses would
accomplish anything. If I waited a few minutes, it would work again.
Thankfully I had commercial skip working very reliably so it was just
hte annoyance of pausing or selecting another show to watch.

My video problem was the video would paust for a nanosecond every two
seconds. I thought it was an issue with the backend not sending the
data fast enough, but I'm recording at 1.2G/hr. I figured that
couldn't be the problem.

I'm going to try updating my backend this weekend as it's been running
flawlessly since November and I'm scared to touch it, but I want to
get some updates applied before .20 hits because I want mytharchive.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for mythtv.

--
-=/>Thom