[mythtv-users] xine changes screen res, doesn't change back

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 1 02:36:10 UTC 2006

>On 05/31/2006 11:01 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> I added mythdvd to my setup the other day, using Xine as the player. I followed
>> the instructions at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Xine, but
>> there's one remaining problem: Xine switches the output to 720p (which is fine),
>> but doesn't switch back to 1080i when it's done. Since I run the myth UI at
>> 1080i, this leaves myth unusable as a large part of the display is not visible.
>> Any suggestions for making Xine or mythtv switch the resolution back to what
>> it's supposed to be after DVD playback finishes?
>>

>Why not just turn off the mode switching?  In ~/.xine/config

I thought DVDs looked better in progressive mode, so I didn't want to use 1080i
for them. I'll just use a wrapper-script to switch the resolution back using
xrandr, though ideally mythtv should be doing this every time it returns from
calling an external program. You can't count on external apps leaving the
display in the same state they found it in.