[mythtv-users] Can a diskless frontend WOL the backend?

Dawson, Guy Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com
Thu Jun 1 07:47:00 UTC 2006

This might be a long shot,  but my current Myth box used to wake itself up
for no apparent reason.  When I looked into this I found that I had
inadvertently set it to WOL AND set the ethernet interface (using ethtool?)
to wake up of broadcast packets.

When the you diskless box starts, it will most likely broadcast looking for
a DHCP,  and you might be able to use that to wake the backend.

I suppose the big problem would be whether there are any other broadcasts
flying about.

Just a thought

Guy Dawson

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards