[mythtv-users] Lost audio during recording

Richard Smith rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 09:44:56 UTC 2006

I have a Myth TV box which has been fully functional for about a year
now - it's brilliant.

It's an AMD3000 64 running Fedora Core 4 in 32 bit mode.  I have a
Twinhan DVB-T card and a PVR-350 which records either from a sky-box
over s-video or from an analog signal.

Last Sunday I recorded the Monaco Grand Prix (on the Twinhan).  Fine
recording apart from the fact that about 40% into the recording the
audio cut out never to return.  No problem with the pictures, nothing
obviously wrong with box or connections.  Other recordings from both
cards before and after just fine.  So I shrug my shoulders and record
the highlights show.  Imagine my disgust when watching this last night
and it got to about 60% through and the audio died........

I'm puzzled .......and anyone shed any light on it?

Rick