[mythtv-users] Lost audio during recording

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:05:43 UTC 2006

On 01/06/06, Richard Smith <rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a Myth TV box which has been fully functional for about a year
> now - it's brilliant.
>
> It's an AMD3000 64 running Fedora Core 4 in 32 bit mode.  I have a
> Twinhan DVB-T card and a PVR-350 which records either from a sky-box
> over s-video or from an analog signal.
>
> Last Sunday I recorded the Monaco Grand Prix (on the Twinhan).  Fine
> recording apart from the fact that about 40% into the recording the
> audio cut out never to return.  No problem with the pictures, nothing
> obviously wrong with box or connections.  Other recordings from both
> cards before and after just fine.  So I shrug my shoulders and record
> the highlights show.  Imagine my disgust when watching this last night
> and it got to about 60% through and the audio died........
>
> I'm puzzled .......and anyone shed any light on it?

What version of Myth are you running?  There was an issue with DVB
cards in 0.18 where Myth would pick the wrong audio track during
playback, including silent tracks.  The solution was to change
recording mode from PS to TS, which was made the default in 0.19.

I can't remember if you can select a different audio track in the
internal myth player?  You could try playing the file in mplayer and
see if switching audio track brings the sound back.