[mythtv-users] Screwy Myth not Recording after Power Loss

Nelson Tang tang at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jun 1 16:29:10 UTC 2006

On 6/1/06, Kevin Michael Woley <woley at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I had a power failure (my myth box, toaster, and microwave apparently can't
> all be on at once :/) and after reboot, MythTV won't record any new shows.
>
> - I'm on a gentoo, mythtv-0.19_p9163-r1 revision, PVR-500.
> - The mythfilldatabase appears to be working correctly.
> - All of my old recording schedules/priorities appear unmodified.
> - The Manage Recordings -> Upcoming Recordings shows that "You Haven't
> Scheduled Any Programs To Be Recorded"
> - New recording schedules do not work, either.
> - Recording shows directly from the WatchTV->Schedule menu does not work.
> - All other functionality is fine, including watching old recordings, etc.
>
> Does anyone have some thoughts about the easiest way to get back up and
> running?  Any help before I attempt more radical options, such as a
> reinstall, would be appreciated.  Thanks!

This happened to me last night, with the same symptoms.  I solved it
by following the instructions in the Myth documentation
(http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.4, under "MySQL
database is corrupt"):

If you have reason to believe that your MySQL database is corrupt,
execute the following commands to attempt to repair it.

NOTE: Ensure that there are no programs accessing the database while
you attempt to repair it. Make sure that all backend and frontend
programs have exited.

mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -p<password> mythconverg

Then I restarted mythbackend and everything was right as rain.  (I'm
also going to put my master backend on a UPS and have it trigger a
graceful shutdown to handle future power outages.)

--nelson