[mythtv-users] Static noise from AC3 passthrough

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:35:21 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Meatwad <meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com> wrote:

> If your reciever's DTS indicator is on then it is seeing DTS passthrough
> in a proper DTS stream. If the computer decoded it, you would need to
> route L,C,R,LR,RR and Sub/LFE line level connections from your soundcard
> to a discrete 5.1 analog input on your receiver like you would an SACD
> player.

I don't recall seeing the DTS indicator on, which is why I believe that is
the case.  But the receiver is taking an optical input from the mythbox, and
I get sound coming from all speakers, but I would just rather make sure the
receiver is doing the decoding.

Do you know of a command line option to just send straight dts data to the
receiver.  I don't care if it uses mplayer, aplay, xine, vlc or a flying
chicken.  I just want to test out to make sure my .asoundrc is set up
proper.