[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Nested Playlists "Survey"

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jun 1 18:28:32 UTC 2006

> ) How do you use nested playlists?

I do not at present use mythmusic to play my music. I do use mplayer as
the audio player in a number of 'playlist' command files which play
different combinations of music files.

I have built a number of 'nested' playlists so I can play all of my
files or just 'Mozart' etc.

A proper nested playlist capability would make it worthwhile for me to
change over to mythmusic in the office.,

> ) Are there any downfalls to nested playlists that you have found?

> ) Why do you use nested playlists? What is the basic goal you are
> trying to accomplish that nested playlists allow for?

Stacking predetermined groupings of files together EASILY. If you
already have "Mozart" list and a "Bach" list, it is much easier to
create a "Classical" list by nesting the other 2.

Geoff