[mythtv-users] PVR 150 IR Receiver cable with HomeBrew Serial

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 1 19:10:09 UTC 2006

On Jun 1, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Al Faller wrote:

> Hi All -
>
> I just recently seperated my backend/frontend components to two
> different machines.  As a result, I can't use my remote anymore on my
> frontend.  Anyone have any luck using the pvr150 receiver cable with a
> homebrew serial receiver?  If so, can you inform me to the pinout on
> the pvr150 cable?

I'm assuming you want to use a serial receiver and go into the port
on the PVR card?

I'm not positive about this, but I believe that the HogPaws cards
uses some interface to the IIC bus and does not use a standard serial
port or receiver.

There is probably a way you could interface a serial receiver to the
IIC port on the PVR, or, more likely, a way to do so directly without
having to do through an RS-232 stage.

I suspect you would be better off using one of the "off-the-
(internet)-shelf" serial or USB designs though, more tested and
better support if you run into problems.