[mythtv-users] Static noise from AC3 passthrough

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:46:23 UTC 2006

On 6/1/06, Adam Hirsch <mythtv at quakerporn.com> wrote:

> Gabe Rubin (gaberubin at gmail.com) wrote:
>

> Grab a couple of the sample trailers at
>
> http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/trailers.php
>
> (I favor the "DTS Piano" and the "Dolby Digital Egypt" pieces for testing
> DTS and DD, myself) and try playing them with mplayer, xine, or the
> internal myth player.  If your receiver has an indicator light to show
> what
> kind of signal it's getting, it should light up.  (Mine does.)

That's actually where I got the clips (saw that link on the list before,
probably from you), but I did not see the indicator light go on.  That's why
I am looking for the command line option to do pass through.  My guess is
that mplayer was decoding the data itself.  I screwed around with the
.xinerc to use xine, but that broke it.