[mythtv-users] How does SKY deinterlace TV

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 00:33:27 UTC 2006

On 6/1/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/06/06, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > PAL is 50Hz, with 25 "Fields" per second.
>
> Isn't it 50 interlaced fields per second, or 25 frames (composed of
> two fields) per second?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

Okay, let's try saying that again (As I was partially wrong in my
attempt to simplify it).

The screen refreshes at 50Hz, however when it refreshes it only draws
every other line. Thereby making 25Hz for a "Full Frame Refresh" (Both
odd and even lines).

But however it's said, it's still interlaced, so no deinterlacing
takes place (Unless you're using an LCD, Plasma or 100Hz TV, in which
case the TV itself is deinterlacing).
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston