[mythtv-users] How to access composite video input with DViCO Fusion HDTV

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sat Jun 3 09:41:04 UTC 2006

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 01:07 pm, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> Mercury Morris wrote:
> > On 5/31/06, Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at malcolm.id.au> wrote:
> >> I used to use an analogue TV tuner card but recently upgraded to a DViCO
> >> Fusion HDTV (which uses the cx88 module).  I have got this working fine
> >> with MythTV under kernel 2.6.17.
> >>
> >> Now though I'm not sure how to switch from the TV input to the composite
> >> video input which I've connected using the cable supplied with the card.

> >> Now when I press C, MythTV tries to do something for a second but
> >> nothing happens and I end up back watching TV again.
>
> Many thanks, but I'm not even at the point that you guys were it seems,
> so I may need some more help.  I'm using Myth 0.19, and the "Input
> Connections" screen in mythtv-setup only shows the DVBInput, not the
> Composite1 or S-Video inputs:
>
> [DVB:0] (DVBInput) -> d1.com.au
>
> There is no "Add" button on this screen, but I tried to manually add a
> "Composite1" input (looking at the source code of the driver, that seems
> to be what it should be called) directly into the cardinput table of the
> MySQL database.  However, it still doesn't show up on this screen.
>
> I did add "Composite1" to the "Video Sources" screen of mythtv-setup and
> added a fake channel 0 that used this input in the "Channels Editor"
> screen, but that had no effect either, and when I try to change to that
> channel nothing happens.  In the mythbackend.log file I see:
>
> "Composite1 is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput"
>
> Help!

You may need to load the Linux kernel module.  'cx8800'

Then go into 'mythtv-setup' and add another '2. Capture cards' -> '(New
capture card)' -> 'Standard V4L capture card' and select the right 'Video
device'.  I couldn't get the audio connectors on the DVB-T card to work, so I
connected directly to the sound card.

Hope this helps,
Paul