[mythtv-users] ffmpeg errors with myth2ipod

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jun 4 00:05:18 UTC 2006

On Jun 3, 2006, at 7:27 PM, Geody Moore wrote:

> I have installed myth2ipod script and added the user job.  When I
> run the
> job from Mythtv UI I get the following error:  ffmpeg had critical
> errors:
> Unknown video codec 'xvid'
>
> Now when I run the script from the command line it runs fine.
>
> I have removed ffmpeg (apt-get remove ffmpeg) and reinstalled with
> the same
> result.
>
> I am new at all this so any help would be great!

You have to make sure the version of ffmpeg you're using has xvid and
faac support. It's so important that they made it step #1 in the
instructions: http://www.myth2ipod.com/myth2ipod.html

One other gotcha I found is that I had a problem where it wouldn't
work as a user job but did work from the command line. The
instructions say to use:
/usr/local/bin/myth2ipod "%DIR%" "%FILE%" but I was getting an error
so I changed it to: /usr/local/bin/myth2ipod /path/to/program/
directory/ "%FILE%" and it worked like a charm.

-Brad