[mythtv-users] Updating Database scheme screws up my Collation

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 4 11:54:32 UTC 2006

On 06/04/2006 01:42 AM, Adam Findley wrote:

>I am having issues with mythtv's schema update (which happens to be run
>anytime any myth program is run).  When the schema updates, it sets my
>collation from general_ci to swedish_ci.  Then when any updates to the
>database occur through mythfilldatabase, it can't update because it says:
>
>Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci, IMPLICIT) and
>(latin1_general_ci, IMPLICIT) for operation =.
>
>It only modifies my database (mythconverg) collition though, not each
>individual table's collition (hence the problem).  Any ideas on how to
>fix this?  I can fix it by hand, but it's really annoying to do it every
>time you open start a myth program.

The only thing run by dbcheck that I see that might be related is:

ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;

from http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/181541#181541
.  Is that what's causing the issue?

If so, the database is created as latin1 (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/175938#175938 ), so
unless you've made some changes since creation, everything should line
up, right?

Mike