[mythtv-users] Speaker Suggestions ???

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Jun 6 01:17:07 UTC 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> With all the concentration on getting the video working right I have
> neglected my audio output devices.
>
> Right now I'm using a Harmon Kardon 2.1 system that came with a Dell
> system I purchased 5 years ago, and it basically leaves a lot to be
> desired (read that: SUCKS).
>
> I'm looking for a decent 2.1 speaker/amplifier system that does not
> cost more than say $200 US.
>
> Obviously there's no point in getting something that's far better
> than the signal that's driving it. The audio is all captured by PVR
> cards from analog broadcasts and encoded with the default settings of
> Myth.

On the contrary, DVDs will have 5.1, ripped or played through the
internal player.  And, if you're like me, it wasn't long I moved from
PVR cards to getting the few broadcast stations via QAM over cable where
most of what I watch lies.  Those have 5.1 sound as well.  It's not hard
to find 7.1 receivers for the $200 you want to spend

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/538199344

Kevin