[mythtv-users] Speaker Suggestions ???

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Tue Jun 6 04:35:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 20:45 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Paul Bender wrote:
> >
> > In all but the main room, I use Logitech z5500 5.1 speakers
> > <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120>.
> > However, at $264, they are more than you wanted to spend. In addition,
> > they are 5.1. However, if you are considering 5.1, then you might
> > consider them.
>
> I looked at the Logitech Z-2300 (a 2.1 system for $149) and it seems
> to be more or less the sort of system I'm looking for. They seem to
> be highly-rated as well.
>
> I'd guess they are similar in specs to the 5500, just fewer channels,
> and if you like the sound that's a good thing. They are certainly on
> the "possibility" list at this point.

I have Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1 speakers. I bought them two or three
months ago at Future Shop (Canadian subsidiary of Best Buy). They're
retailing at CDN $99 and I'm pleased with them - nice crisp and clear
sound.

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support