[mythtv-users] Myth packages for ubuntu?

Daniel Carter dantheperson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 08:54:34 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, Jeremy Teale <lists at thehunter.ws> wrote:
> Sorry, the server had a hiccup. Everything should be back to normal.
> I think I actually will be doing some Dapper packages as I've
> recently setup Xen 3 on one of my machines. That is, of course, if
> there's a demand.

While we're on the subject of ubuntu packages, i've got a problem with
the myth packages actually that i forgot about.

myth-database wants to run some install script (presumably to create
or upgrade the mythconverg database).

Now i created the database manually so it doesn't need to run.  And it
fails to run, i beleive because it doens't know that the db password
is.

But every single time i install a new package or upgrade, unbuntu will
go and run the myth-database post-install script again and complain
that some packages failed to install.

How can i tell ubuntu to stop trying to run that script?