[mythtv-users] ATI TV in Wonder

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:55:43 UTC 2006

Santiago Almenara wrote:

> Hello!
>
> A friend of mine is selling his old ATI TV in Wonder for $10.(that's
> very old tuner-only card not the newer All-in-Wonder cards)
>
> I'd like to buy it but I need to know if MythTV would support it.
> It'll be my second tuner because I also have a hauppauge pvr-150.
>
> I know it is only a TV grabber but for that price, I wouldn't mind much.
>
> Do you think MythTV supports this card???
>

> Santiago

I have a TV wonder pro which works perfectly fine in myth.  The picture
quality from a pvr150 is better, but not much (the TV wonder pro was
better than the tuner in a couple of my TV's, but not all.)
Older TV wonders are supposed to use the brooktree chip, which is supported.
The TV wonder pro I got last year had a connexant chip, which also has
V4L drivers and works in myth.  I didn't get it working along side my
150 yet though; I loaned it to a friend who is trying get his feet wet
building his own mythtv machine.  So I can't comment on how well they
coexist - although in theory they should, and as soon as I get it back
I'm going to work on it.
Raphael