[mythtv-users] Missing dependency isn't missing

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Wed Jun 7 02:31:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 17:01 +0100, Nick wrote:
> On 06/06/06, Bruce Bales <bbales at cox.net> wrote:
> > I'm reposting this with a proper subject.
> >
> > I'm new to mythtv.  When I try to install mythtv with yum install
> > mythtv-suite, I get a couple of dependency errors. But rpm -q mplayer
> > shows that the exact version called for of one of these is already
> > installed.
>
> There is a new package manager called smart (there is also a gui)
> which seems to be better at handling these dependency oddities. It is
> available from atrpms via yum (yum install smart smartgui I think).
> You could also temporarily remove the mplayer RPM and see if your
> mythtv-suite install pulls it back in normally.
>
> Nick

I tried an rpm source that was suggested  http://rpm.pbone.net for some
of the dependencies with only partial success.  Seems like there is a
file needed named postun_ldconfig that no-one on the net can find.

I deleted mplayer and several things that depended on it.  Tried to
install mythtv-suite with yum -- no go.  Then installed smart and
smart-gui, but still haven't got smart configured enough so it can find
mythtv-suite.  Reinstalled mplayer.  At least mplayer isn't listed as a
missing dependency, but libmp4ff.so.0 still is missing.
bruce