[mythtv-users] 32khz AC3 Streams was: Sound problem with AC3 passthrough

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 05:16:12 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Rob Baumstark <rbaumstark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking around on
> the ALSA site at sound-card support, the driver for my card (nForce 2
> / soundstorm) it specifically says that output is always resampled to 48khz.

I'm not sure that applies to the SPDIF output though - I think they
just mean PCM, but probably it's a good indication that it's flexible
and therefore less likely to handle 32kHz for SPDIF output. My card is
based on a CMI8738 and it does not have that note on the alsa site,
but it doesn't work either.

Steve