[mythtv-users] Xbox Protocol Version

Øverås Harald harald.oeveraas at siemens.com
Wed Jun 7 07:53:47 UTC 2006

Hi

I you want to try out xbmcmythtv check out this HOWTO http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend
I have added the Wiki some of my installation notes for the Python script xbmcmythtv. Check out the help forum to http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_idC6331

Xbmcmythtv works well on with backend with mythtv 0.18 (both LiveTv and streaming recorded shows should work). With mythtv 0.19 it is still some problems using xbmcmythtv with LiveTV, but streaming recorded show works well. Xbmcmythtv have EPG support where you can schedule your recordings. The best part with xbmc and xbmcmythtv is the time it takes to start it up. The drawback using xbmc are the illegal issuses with xbmc.

I have tried to use Xdebian on my Xbox but I didn't bother to try the mythtv installation for it because I have an Xbox version 1.6 and had problems with overscan on me plasmatv. This is a well-known problem you have with this X-box version. http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_v1.6_Issues

Haraldov