[mythtv-users] video distortion

Will Constable wconstab at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 7 14:53:11 UTC 2006

Here is my Xorg.conf-any idea what setting Is wrong or what options I might
add to fix it?

----

Section "ServerLayout"

#       Identifier     "Default Layout"
#       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        Identifier     "dual head configuration"
        Screen         "Screen0" 0 0
        Screen         "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "HP D5259A Pavilion M70 Monitor"
        DisplaySize  320        240
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
        HorizSync    31.5 - 71.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 85.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
        Identifier   "TV"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
        HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
        VertRefresh  60.0 - 60.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 420]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard1"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 420]"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"